Despite COVID-19 changing our plans in 2020 – we did not hold back. And neither did you! The outpouring of support for us to continue with our fundraising was overwhelming and one thing remained clear during this time of adjustment; no one wants this important work to end.
We pivoted and successfully held our first ever, online virtual event.
$450,000 was raised for the kids…and YOU made it happen!
Highlights from 2020 include:
- Incredible online auction support from throughout our community and countless individual donations from new and long standing supporters
- Generous and critical media support from Times Colonist, 100.3 The “Q” and CHEK.
- Bear Mountain Golf & Tennis Resort Community’s team for their important fundraising efforts and for providing Golf for Kids a place to operate
- Volunteers that, as always were ready, willing and able to do anything required to make a difference
- Loyal, generous, caring, genuine and dependable sponsors who are always there for the kids
- Working closely with the trusted charities that make your donations mean so much to so many
- And our real heroes, the 2020 “Dream Kids” having their dreams come true!
Just in case you missed all the fun, check out the recorded Live Celebration Ceremony, hosted by Ed Bain (CHEK News and 100.3 the Q!), that took place on Friday, October 23, 2020.
We look forward to “seeing” everyone again on Friday, September 10th 2021 as we will once again spend some special virtual time together and endeavour to make life a little easier for some very special kids and their families.